Mar. 1, 2017
NTT DATA Corporation
NTT DATA Corporation (hereinafter called “NTT DATA”) has established the “AI & IoT Business Section” on March 1, 2017 as an expert organisation with know-how in analytics, AI, and edge computing technology*1 required by IoT society.
The “AI & IoT Business Section” consists of an expert team of 200 data analysts, data scientists, and consultants, as well as 1500 developers of embedded technologies. By taking full advantage of the unique know-how in server-side technology such as large-scale transaction processing, edge-side embedded software development technology for vehicle-installed devices and mobile devices, AI technology, and analytics that the NTT DATA and NTT DATA Group have cultivated over the years, we, along with our clients, will provide new value for end-users and society.
The “AI & IoT Business Section” aims to expand its sales of AI- and IoT-related business to the 50-billion-yen level by the year 2020.
With recent advancements in AI- and IoT-related technology, IoT society and next-generation automotive society are highly expected. Today, it has become possible to obtain and process real-time information in massive amounts from individual devices and sensors that are estimated to be several hundred billions, and it will be essential for each company to know how to use this information effectively to return profits as added value to end-users. Moreover, it is required to further accelerate the digital transformation of clients’ business while taking advantage of AI technology.
Overview of the new organisation
To swiftly deal with clients’ business transformation to adapt to changes over time, we established the “AI & IoT Business Section” as an expert organisation of AI and IoT technology.
The “AI & IoT Business Section” consists of an expert team of 200 analysts, data scientists, and consultants, as well as 1500 developers of embedded technologies. By taking full advantage and maximising the use of the unique achievements and know-how in AI- and IoT-related technology that NTT DATA Corporation Business Solutions Sector and NTT DATA Group have cultivated over the years, we will provide high added value not only to our clients but also to each end-user.
NTT DATA Group’s achievements and know-how of AI- and IoT-related technology
- 1 “Large-scale transaction processing technology on the server side” and “data collaboration platform construction technology” that have been cultivated throughout the history of large-scale system construction
- 2 “Embedded software development technology on the edge-side” that has been cultivated through the experiences of NTT DATA MSE, NTT DATA SBC, and NJK.
- 3 “Advanced analytical skills and the practical skill of AI technology, such as machine learning, and deep learning” that has been cultivated by the NTT DATA Big Data Business Promotion Office and NTT DATA Mathematical Systems Inc.
- 4 “Good coordination skills” to connect individual siloed*2 elements into one, as well as to connect each enterprise and industry
- 5 “The latest AI- & IoT-related technology” by NTT Laboratories.
To add our achievements and know-how, we will also provide solutions and services using next-generation technology including AI & IoT.
Newly provided value
- Providing IoT service to the manufacturing industry (from the edge-side to the server side, analytics, and network). With our achievements and know-how in software embedded development on the edge-side that we have been cultivating from experiences of vehicle-installed devices and mobile devices, NTT DATA supports clients in utilising a wide range IoT technology for realising their business strategy. We accelerate prototyping for proof-of-concept cases with IoT in the field of smart factories, SCM, and after-sales service that we have been promoting with our clients in the manufacturing industry, to develop them into concrete IoT solutions. Not only consistent system construction and operation from the edge-side to the server side, NTT DATA also supports clients in implementing IoT services such as analysis to utilise obtained information, IoT networking, and security. We aim to expand our business to utilise IoT and AI in the life sciences field at an early stage in the future.
- Providing AI services to contribute to our clients’ business value. By taking advantage of our achievements of more than 300 cases of big data analysis, as well as our AI technology such as “corevoTM,” NTT DATA provides AI services to contribute to our clients’ business value. With high expectations of AI technology, there has been a variety of machine learning frameworks from IT vendors; however, the skill, functional coverage area, and the method differ according to each client’s needs. NTT DATA provides the best methodology, machine learning framework for data analysis and prediction, and common base platform for each industry to construct ideally combined services for each user.
Future course of action
NTT DATA aims to further expand its services- and value-creation-related AI & IoT technology, and to expand sales in the field to the 50-billion-yen level by the year 2020
To make use of our experience in having diverse contact points, NTT DATA would like to continuously support our clients by bringing them business innovation and by creating new value as a digital innovation partner.
- *1 ”Edge computing technology” is a kind of technology to process large quantities of data at high speed by distributing the edge server that is located nearer to users than cloud.
- *2 “Siloed” is a condition where elements are reviewed or constructed by each task or each independent division of a company, and the overall optimizations as a company is not attempted to add value for clients.
- *“Corevo” is the trademark of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION.
- *Other names of products, companies, and organisations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of each company.
For more information, please contact:
Business Solution Sector
NTT DATA Corporation
Tel: +081 50 5546 8595