NTT DATA, a global IT service provider, announced that it would launch an English version of its popular robotic process automation (RPA) solution, “WinActor,” for enterprise customers worldwide. The software solution helps companies to reduce their office workloads by automating repetitive operations performed with Windows computers. The original Japanese version has been deployed successfully by more than 100 companies since its launch in Japan in 2014. NTT DATA will market the English version of WinActor outside of Japan together with group and partner companies.
The solution, developed by NTT Advance Technology Corporation and marketed in Japan by NTT DATA, automates and streamlines PC-based office work to help companies deal with labor shortages and changing workstyles.
WinActor, the only solution of its kind developed in Japan, offers the following benefits:
- Automation of diverse operations performed by Windows PC applications
- Intuitive graphical user interface enables easy deployment by groups or as few as one PC.
- High cost performance and easy set up.
So far, financial institutions in Japan, such as banks, insurance companies and card companies, have used WinActor to fully automate enterprise resource planning (ERP) workloads, including for operations in areas such as financing, purchasing, payroll and personnel assessment. Specific examples include:
- 95% reduction of data-input workload by automatically updating ERP system with orders received/issued data taken from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Fully automated updating of EC and SNS sites with product information taken from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- 75% reduction of workload to generate slips for orders received/placed.
- 80% reduction of assessment workload by pulling data from PDFs with OCR and then automatically reviewing data in ERP.
Dinh Halong, COO of Blueship Vietnam, one of the WinActor marketing partners, said, “WinActor, a very powerful automation software with great potential, has three major advantages. Firstly, it offers a wide range of applications for diverse industries. Secondly, it automates intensive, repetitive manual work, which most people hate to do. And thirdly, it helps companies to reduce costs by replacing human labor.”
“Our RPA technology has the potential to have a massive impact on office workloads,” said Shinji Sumida, Head of Public Division 4 at NTT DATA. “We look forward to offering the new English version of WinActor, which we will market globally to help enterprises improve processes and efficiencies in all business operations.”
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA (TOKYO: 9613) is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner headquartered in Tokyo, with business operations in over 50 countries. Its emphasis is on long-term commitments, combining global reach with local intimacy to provide premier professional services varying from consulting and systems development to outsourcing. For more information, visit www.nttdata.com.